Friday, December 21, 2007

Solstice

Here we are on the shortest day of the year and I think that this log pretty much reflects the mood. Even twenty years after leaving the south, I still can't seem to get used to these short days!



This year has been great. Between all my students, clients and blog response, I've felt very lucky. Thanks to everyone.
Next year promises to be interesting. I'll be working on more writing projects, introducing a tool of my own and of course making new chairs. I'm more interested than ever in feedback and ideas for the blog, I love seeing the photos of work and ideas in the chairmaking community.

I wish everyone a happy and healthy holiday,

Pete

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Peter,

I can't tell you how much I've enjoyed your blog over the last year.

Your insight into chairmaking and willingness to share your thoughts about procedures, tools, design are an inspiration. I'm always excited to see a new installment. Keep up the great work.

Jim Crammond

Unknown said...

Peter,

Great coverage of many topics related to chairmaking. Many that i have never read about before. I learn something new with each posting!

Making knuckles has always stumped me until your recent posting on the process.

Thanks for taking the time to share your knowledge. I look forward to making a chair with you in 2008!

Mark
www.jerichosettlersfarm.com