Friday, October 28, 2011

What you might not know about this Blog.

I get a lot of emails and calls with questions, and I welcome them. After all, I'm just another guy in his shop, scratching his head and looking for answers. The blog technology has proven to be a great way to share information, and in recent times, I've found myself searching for things that I've covered in it.

My other workshop
Here's what you may not know. The little white box in the upper left corner is a search box. Besides using the catalog of titles on the right to access info by category, you can just put a key word in the box and every post that is relevant will pop up. It's a great way to cut through to just the info you want.

Give it a try! But rest assured, I still welcome the calls and emails,

2 comments:

Harry said...

Hi Pete.
In your original series on drill bit grinding you measured the tool rest angle at 35° (May 9, 2007) but more recently (July 8 2011) you mentioned 18° for hardwoods and 11° for pine. Have you changed your opinion or are these measuring different things.
The search thingy works great.
Have a good time in Australia.
Harry Miller

Peter Galbert said...

Harry,
I have experimented recently with the angles in an attempt to get better results and currently, the 11 degree and 18 degree numbers are working well for me. Like most techniques, I am always trying to explore, learn and change! Thanks for trying the search box, it's pretty cool huh!?
cheers,
Pete